As a growing energy company, BW Energy is acutely aware of its responsibilities towards the environment and the communities in which the Company operates. BW Energy seeks to make sound decisions related to environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors based on thorough evaluation, and to inspire a persistent change in culture and transparency, and to remain a trusted partner in the development of oil and gas discoveries.
- Committed to minimising environmental impact
- Business model utilising sunk exploration and newbuild GHG emissions by developing proven reservoirs with existing FPSOs
- Provider of safe and secure jobs
- Local employer in underdeveloped areas
- Supporting local communities by training and job creation
- Policies in place for responsible and ethical business conduct
- Dedicated risk management and operational integrity functions
- Fair compensation structures
- Significant local tax contributor in Gabon
BW Energy is dedicated to maintaining high standards of corporate governance and investor relation.
2022 Sustainability Report
BW Energy recognises the threats and challenges climate change poses to society and the environment and shares the global commitment towards cleaner, affordable energy sources for all and is committed to reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
Read more about Sustainability beginning on page 42 in our Annual Report here
Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
The BW Energy Code of Ethics and Business Conduct reflects our commitment to our shareholders,
customers and employees to conduct our business according to the highest standards of integrity.
Speak Up Channel
BW Energy encourages its staff to report concerns to your supervisor or to a member of our Compliance team. If you are not comfortable raising your concerns in this manner, you can use the third-party hosted Speak Up Channel to make an anonymous report. The Speak Up Channel is also available to our business partners and stakeholders.
The BW Energy Speak Up Channel is hosted and staffed by an independent third-party provider. It is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in multiple languages.
To make a report at any time click here. You can also submit a report by calling 1-800-461-9330 (USA), or 21 2018-1111 (Brazil).